You are sending a link to...
Results of Our Smart Thermostat Poll
In August, we began our Smart Thermostat Poll to get your input on some of the features manufacturers are now offering on their new crop of thermostats. Are manufacturer's over-engineering these or are these really features people want? We put it to the test, by asking which features you liked or thought you might use (a "yes" answer) and which features you either didn't care about or wouldn't use (a "no" answer). Here's a summary of the results*:
The features most users said they wanted or would use are:
- Reminders to change your air filters.
- Allowing you to override your "normal routine" when on vacation (away mode).
- Alerting you when the temperature in your home gets too cold or too hot, which may mean your HVAC unit isn't working.
- Allow you to run only the fan (to circulate air) without having to run the air conditioner or the heat.
- Having the thermostat derive its power from your HVAC (instead of running on batteries).
- Automatically adjusting for daylight savings time.
- Automatically downloading software updates from the Internet.
Features users said they would be least likely to use were:
- Having a portable (handheld) thermostat control that can be used in any room of the house.
- Having the display in different languages.
- Being able to upload a photo that displays on the thermostat's screen, with screen saver and slideshow features.
Thank you to all who have already taken the poll. If you haven't taken the poll yet, there's still time (click here)! Plus, just for taking the poll, we'll send you a coupon good for 10% off the installation of any thermostat of your choice. Enter your name and email address at the bottom of the poll. To be eligible your home must be in Davidson, Williamson, Rutherford, Wilson, Sumner or Cheatham counties.
With all the different models, prices, and features, and 10% off installation, what's YOUR excuse for not saving energy and money?
* If you'd like the detailed results (all categories with percentages of responses), subscribe to our blog and we'll email the detailed results to you.